Protection International Fundraising & Events Internship: PI is looking for an intern to support the fundraising unit and the organisation of events in Brussels!
PI is an international non-profit organization researching strategies and security management tools that protect human rights defenders and sharing its expertise in this area with people at risk for their human rights work all around the world. PI sees human rights defenders as agents of change who form a pillar of free and just societies. In many parts of the world, HRDs face threats from state and non-state actors for their human rights work. PI works with human rights defenders to develop strategies tailored to their profile and context.
Protection International’s Finance and Fundraising unit is looking for an intern to initiate and support the organisation of events in Brussels:
- The PI Fundraising & Events Intern will help with the design, organisation and running of fundraising events undertaken by Protection International.
- The intern will also help with the marketing of such events through social media and other forms of dissemination.
- Additional tasks related to fundraising (e.g. supporting in drafting proposals and reports, donor and context research) may be required if needs arise.
- We are looking for someone who is available to attend our head office for a minimum of 10 – 15 hours for coordination with rest of staff, with flexibility of days and times. However, a commitment of a minimum of 3 months is required.
Skills & Experience:
- We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-starter intern who is able to work autonomously and think outside the box.
- As events are based in Brussels, knowledge of the city is a must.
- Fluency in either English or French (with a good knowledge of the other) is required.
- Experience in event management of some kind, preferably fundraising events and elaboration of communication material will be valued.
- A knowledge of human rights & humanitarian affairs is desirable.
- You will be given the opportunity to help in the development and running of a project, where you will gain invaluable skills while volunteering for an international NGO.
- As this position is voluntary, we are unfortunately unable to offer compensation. However, you will be reimbursed for local transport for days worked.
Protection International promotes gender equality and fights all forms of discrimination.
Please send your C.V. and letter of motivation to rsweeney [at] protectioninternational.org by the 17th of October.