Protection International (PI), an international human rights non-profit organisation based in Brussels, Belgium, is seeking the services of a web consultant(s) to produce a variety of marketing materials needed to successfully accomplish its mission.
PI brings protection strategies and security management tools to human rights defenders (HRDs) at risk. PI’s comprehensive protection programmes empower HRDs to manage their protection themselves, make authorities fulfil their duty to protect and makes other individuals and institutions with a stake in the protection of HRDs maximize their contribution.
Request for Proposal
PI is requesting proposals for the services of a web consultant(s) to redesign and restructure its current websites based off website analysis of PI’s websites provided below in Annex A.
Scope of Work
The selected web consultant(s) will be asked to:
- Review PI’s websites and website analysis document and apply it’s concluding recommendations as a foundation to re-construct PI’s website into one overarching website. The consultant(s) is/are expected to propose additional recommendations for the future renewed website if possible.
- After reviewing the website analysis, meet with PI’s communications team to further discuss the expectations and needs for the new website (in terms of structure, design, style, audience).
- Based on the information provided in the two above instances, the web consultant(s) will be asked to develop a new website design and structure for PI that meets all of its content and informational needs. They will then propose this new design to PI’s communication team and make adjustments as requested.
- Once a final design is approved for the new website structure/design, the web consultant(s) will assist in transferring web content from the PI’s former websites to the newly designed website.
- Upon completion of the new website design and content transfer, the website consultants will train PI communications staff on managing the new website and remain available for IT support in case of eventual technical lapses in the new structure.
You can learn more about PI’s websites here: https://www.protectioninternational.org/
Terms and Conditions
The successful web consultant needs to be flexible to meet our work schedule. Workspace, computer and software are not provided.
The consultant will work closely with PI’s Communication & Advocacy Units. The place of the assignment is home-based with occasional meeting in Brussels if possible if not via Skype.
For the consultant to propose and subject to negotiation.
- Background Information
- A minimum of three client references
- 3-5 samples indicating similar and relevant website work with former clients
- Cost Estimate
- All candidates must submit an estimate based on the work outlined in this RFP. It should be for the entire project.
PI will review each proposal and portfolio independently as outlined by the schedule below.
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- 30% Website/Design Experience
- 50% Portfolio demonstrating design/style work on similar projects
- 20% Experience in website restructure projects
Finalists may be required to participate in a phone or in-person interview that will take place at a time to be determined.
Submit for Consideration
Please submit your proposal with attention to Kelly Hendricks in the Advocacy & Outreach Unit at recruitment [at] protectioninternational.org” href=”mailto:recruitment [at] protectioninternational.org“>recruitment [at] protectioninternational.org by November 27th midnight, 2015.
Requests for clarifications may be sent to: info [at] protectioninternational.org” href=”mailto:info [at] protectioninternational.org“>ao [at] protectioninternational.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tender deadline: November 27th midnight, 2015; we encourage you to apply early as applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates may be invited to interview prior to tender deadline.
Estimate date of awarding consultancy: December 5th, 2015
Project Start Date: Second week of December 2015 (first meeting with communications team to discuss website analysis and project outline).
Ideal deadline for final new website design: end January 2015 (should be ready for the launch of PI’s flagship policy publication, FOCUS 2015 to be released in end January). If this is not attainable however a later date is possible.